[StBernard] "We are no longer a Christian nation"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 5 00:23:04 EDT 2008

LP,

You're wrong wrong wrong. Our forefathers didn't fight for a Christian
nation, they fought for a nation with RELIGIOUS FREEDOM- all religions. With
SPain being invaded by the Moors (and I may be rusty on this time but it was
around here) the 14th century, Spain was exposed to the muslim religion and
had people practicing. With trade routes being explored to the orient (Marco
Polo), people were well aware of buddist religions. The world was smaller
than it is today but it was not closed off. PLease remeber America is only
about 500 years old compared to the orient, Africa, etc, which are thousands
of years old. Many of our forefathers were educated but they were educated
in law, science, etc., not in cultural studies. SO while they were aware of
these "religions" enough to say freedom of religion, they didn't spell each
out in a way to make sure that everyone got the point. You would also want
to remeber that they were purtains which would mean you are not a llowed to
have an opinion and the family horse has more value than you, but we don't
believe those things- blacks were only 3/5 of a person, and woman had no
rights.

WT