[StBernard] st lights & other

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 9 09:02:57 EDT 2008

Sure, and in the words of someone famous: "I feel your pain".

I suppose what I was trying to illustrate is that a HUGE effort is needed to
get real results. We all know that some effort has been made and the result
is that progress (as you said) is painfully slow. Therefore, short of a
revolution, a supreme effort must be made to speed things along. None of us
can get supreme results with the minimal effort. I agree with bz lives, it's
tough as heck. However, if I can be honest, I believe that because the
outrage and demonstration is lackin'--consequently, so is the activity to
expedite progress. Unfortunately, the old adage applies:

The good (St. Bernardians) have to suffer for the bad (Katrina). We all pray
it were not so. So, we pray that God gives us comfort and peace in our
recovery.

--jer--

Jer,

Trying to move things along with my complaints is all I can do. I do not
give up in that regard and I keep on top of reporting and following up with
the proper parish agencies. I will admit that I am not a politician or
community activist. I do my part in my own way. I have been working very
hard and have restored seven properties in the parish for myself and family
members. I am not done working and I believe I am contributing to the
parish and it's restoration. I vote and I expect my leaders that I voted
for do what they say they will do and keep their word. I expect them to do
their jobs and work for me. That is not being done in a satisfactory manner.
There is progress, but the pace is painfully slow, as I said. We can't all
be Martin Luther Kings. Most people with any sort of means or options have
left. The population is down and people do not trust the corp of engineers
or the local or federal governement. That is why there is no outrage or
crowding into meeting. People have given up and feel helpless to make any
real difference. They do not believe their voices will be heard, or that
their concerns are cared about. Left behind and forgotten. That is how I
feel most of the time, even by our own local politicians and leaders.

Laurie