[StBernard] Plaquemines port picks Boasso

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 11 22:43:41 EDT 2008

Plaquemines port picks Boasso
Former state Sen. Walter Boasso is the new executive director of the
Plaquemines Parish Port, Harbor and Terminal District.

"First of all, I'm flattered that they came to me. Everyone knows that the
waterways are the most important thing we have," he said.

Boasso said his focus would be on building a port facility in Plaquemines
Parish.

Boasso, 48, recently sold his shipping container company for $60 million. He
ran for governor last year, coming in a distant second to Bobby Jindal in
the Oct. 20 primary.

More recently, Boasso started up a Web site that allows subscribers to take
virtual pictures of the exotic animals on his Mississippi ranch.