[StBernard] Hospital Health Care in St Bernard

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 12 20:05:57 EDT 2008

TOWN HALL MEETING TO UPDATE RESIDENTS ON HOSPITAL ISSUES

The Eastern St. Bernard Association invites all St. Bernard residents to
attend
an important TOWN HALL MEETING about our hospital issues on Monday
evening, August 18th at 7 p.m. It will be held at 7724 St. Bernard Hwy in
Violet, in the Lighthouse Pentecostal Church building.

Since the area-wide devastation and flooding that followed Hurricane
Katrina,
St. Bernard Parish has been completely without hospital services.

Last November, the State Legislature created a Hospital Services District
for
St. Bernard, and our Council appointed five local people to serve on that
board.
HSD board meetings are on Wednesday evenings, and are open to the public.
This assignment of guiding our community from ground zero through to a
completed,and well administered facility which could provide full hospital
health to
our entire community has been enormous.

The process embraces property acquisition, funding procurement, and
appropriate
size determination,.along with the selection of a construction group that
would build our hospital carefully and well, providing longevity in its
usefulness.
It also encompasses choosing an experienced management group to equip,
staff and operate our hospital successfully, for our health care now and
also
ensuring many years of good care into the future.

These significant and far-reaching matters involve all aspects of our parish
government from the appointed Hospital Services District Board to our Parish
President, our Council Members, State and Federal authorities and yes, even
our residents.

Many residents have questions and concerns about this undertaking and its
projected outcome. This TOWN HALL MEETING will bring together the HSD
Board members, President Craig Taffaro, Council Chairperson Polly
Boudreaux, and various Council members especially including our District E
Councilman Fred Everhardt.

It is the hope of the Eastern St. Bernard Association that this meeting
provide
information and answers about the maze of complexities, and a realistic
timeline
to have a quality hospital open and serving us in St. Bernard Parish.

All St. Bernard residents are invited and urged to attend.

http://easternstbernard.blogspot.com/
<http://easternstbernard.blogspot.com/>