[StBernard] Redfish Cup

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 16 00:34:11 EDT 2008

""Yes Jer, it appeared that the numbers were inflated." --JWD

Thanks for your support, JWD

Ballooning figures from previous years is no way to promote any success
associated with an event. Whether it's referred to as "cheating", lying, or
using smoke 'n mirrors to get people to an event assuming success is what it
is. It's like saying we're holding a party, there will be thousands there
(which leds one to believe they will be part of an abundance of fun,
activities or whatever) and a fraction of the invitees attend to spoil the
anticipation. Many of us have faced times when we were invited to an event
and nobody of any purpose arrived to make the event a thrill.

Of course, individuals can have an individual fun time. That's quite
alright. But, don't cloak the numbers to suit the advertising genius, the
promoters, the tourism heads and government before the people. We don't want
to hear it.

The TV program of the event won't show an area where 10 people stand before
a staged event. They want to focus on the actual stage event and not who's
in the audience.

We want St. Bernard activities to be EXTREMELY popular, brings in lots of
cash and be showcased on national audience. Just that money allegedly isn't
poured into the mix as a means of beefing up "success" or figures in
attendance isn't immortalized as 10,000 when in actuality, things really
didn't go that well.

--jer--