[StBernard] St Bernard News on Twitter

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 29 21:58:26 EDT 2008

Rena,

The emails will continue. Twitter is just a means to send more urgent
information.

Because it has a limit of 140 characters, messages have to be concise and to
the point. But, since they are delivered almost instantly to your cell
phone, it is a great method to send out emergency information.

Twhirl is just another way to get the messages rather than using your cell
phone (in case you don't have an unlimited text plan). The messages are
still real time and you don't have to keep checking the web site for
updates. When a message is sent, you get it.

In the old days, it was called push technology, since the content is pushed
out to you.

Westley