[StBernard] For Craig: Request for help

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 20 21:06:56 EDT 2008

Craig,

I live on Colonial Blvd. in Violet. While our street may not be a
high-profile, affluent neighborhood, we as homeowners still take pride in
our homes and property. There are a few issues I'd like you to address,
please.

1. Concerning grass cutting: Parish workers are cutting the neutral ground
and letting the grass fall into the street to be washed out by the rain and
ends up blocking up the storm drains. Also, there are several homes that
are abandoned and are turning into jungles again.

2. Many, many homes have debris piled up and lined up along the curb.

3. Several homes have no required SDT waste cans and just drop the trash on
the curb, to be blown around and/or ripped open by animals. Can notices be
sent out to these homeowners so that they are required to get the proper
waste can?

4. There are 4 street lights out, plus 1 street light completely missing
(thanks to Katrina) I have been calling for over a year to have this light
replaced. I have been calling since 8/8/08 to have the burned out lights
replaced as well. While I understand Entergy is very busy, they should have
been able to address these issues by now.

5. Speeding on our street is horrible. People fly up and down like it's a
raceway, and in the evening hours with no lights, it can be really
frightening. There are many elderly people on our street, as well as
children playing and people walking their pets. Please consider more police
presence to deter speeding.

Thank you for your attention in these matters, and thank you for your hard
work and dedication. I know the parish still has a long way to go, but
we're getting there slowly but surely.

Katie