[StBernard] Memory test: Why did the U.S. go into Iraq?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 21 11:00:15 EDT 2008

Jim,

I'll leave that discussion to you and others :-). I read an article online
earlier this year titled "Who really remembers" which I believe believe was
in the National Review - not sure. It talked about the specific events
leading up to the U.S. decision to go begin the invasion, talking a lot
about how Hussein's complete cooperation would have averted the Iraqi
invasion. In fact, it pointed out how Hussein would have been better off
ignoring the UN Inspection request from the start, but then looked worse
(and extremely suspicious) after allowing them to enter Iraq and inspect
several locations then preventing the inspectors (and expelling them) after
asking about a few specific locations.

Yep, the idiot could have avoided all this. He failed in his ability to see
Bush was just itching to invade. Allowing the UN inspectors free reign
certainly would have helped.

John