[StBernard] Truth behind Congress rejecting bail-out

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 30 09:17:35 EDT 2008

Westley,

You hit the nail on the head....remember, the sky was supposed to fall on us last Friday. I agree totally with your position - I was just trying to point out the absurd (but once again) attempt by the Demos in Congress to somehow paint the GOP as the reason for the bail out not passing....damned right, and thank God for that! Keep in mind the GOP members of Congress are voting with the 90%+ of the public who is also against this.

True, most of the companies you mention will survive just fine in lieu of failed mortgages. In fact, McDonald's might grow considering that's all most people will be able to afford to eat out - just kidding! Disney might take a little hit at the theme parks if people need to cut back, but overall I agree with you.

More to follow on this.

John Scurich