[StBernard] The Value of Service

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 1 01:08:21 EDT 2008

Westley,

This story comes as no surprise. While the media tries to demonize George W. Bush, it's funny how everyone who ends up getting to meet him (and who had a negative opinion of him) comes away saying how sincere and down-to-earth President Bush truly is. In fact, many of the media who have had the opportunity to closely follow him around for the day, etc. have changed their opinion of him. They've even gone on to say Bush's portrayal of being dumb is about as wrong as you can get. They found him to be intelligent and deliberate in his comments, and most of all sincere - that's what Tom Brokaw thought - and he's a liberal.

I guess there's some truth to the old and wise saying "you need to first walk in a man's shoes before you judge him."

John