[StBernard] Alexander: Fighting for Conservative Values and Principles

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 2 22:05:48 EDT 2008

Dear Republican Voters,

The greatest need in America today is strong, conservative leadership - in
Washington and in the 5th Congressional District of Louisiana. This
Saturday, Oct. 4, I'm asking for your vote to allow me to continue fighting
for conservative values and principles on Capitol Hill.

It is a pivotal time in our nation's history, and now more than ever we must
ensure the right people take control of the White House. I stand
wholeheartedly behind Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin, and I urge you
to do the same.

Since 2002, I have had the honor of representing the voters of the 5th
District. My voting record represents what I believe in and stand up for in
Washington.

* I believe the commonsense solution to solving our nation's energy
crisis - and alleviating the pain high gas prices are taking on America's
hardworking taxpayers - is to drill domestically. We should view our oil and
natural gas resources as assets, not liabilities.

* I believe America's soil is sovereign, and our laws are just.
Therefore, we must address the crisis at our borders today and stop illegal
immigration.

* While serving in Congress, I have witnessed the impact tax increases
have on the American people and on our nation's economy. I believe that
Americans know best how to spend their own money - not Washington
bureaucrats.

* I believe in the Constitution and that the Second Amendment gives
citizens the right to bear arms. I have an A rating with National Rifle
Association (NRA), and I take pride in representing all the hunters and
sportsmen living in the 5th District.

* The War on Terror is a fight we can and must win. As a member of the
House Appropriations Committee, I have fought to ensure that the brave men
and women serving in the U.S. Military have the tools and resources they
need to win this war.

* I believe in the right to life and family values. As your member of
Congress, I vow to continue to stand up for these principles for as long as
I have the honor of serving you.

Nancy and I appreciate the prayers and support you have given us throughout
the years, and I once again ask for your support on Oct. 4 and the
opportunity to continue representing the 5th Congressional District of
Louisiana. Please forward this to your friends and relatives and let them
know how much their votes matter this Saturday. You can also read about my
platform at www.rodneyalexander.com <http://www.rodneyalexander.com/>

Sincerely,
Congressman Rodney Alexander