[StBernard] Dan Kyle Campaign Newsletter

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 3 08:55:47 EDT 2008

Dan Kyle Campaign Newsletter

Good news for Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish! The Dan Kyle
Campaign for Mayor President is gaining momentum! More and more people are
seeing the misdirection of the present administration. The two hurricanes
showed us that the priorities of this administration are misguided. We have
drainage problems, sewer problems, traffic problems, crime problems and
school problems. The administration wants to float a $1 billion bond issue
that includes $300+ million for an aquarium and park downtown. The
taxpayers of East Baton Rough have just renewed a mileage that will generate
$428 million to BREC over the next ten years. The proposed bond issue would
cost the taxpayers of this parish $2.5 Billion including bonding fees,
attorney's fees and interest.

At the beginning of this campaign, Kip appeared unbeatable. It now appears
that he is not only vulnerable, but also beatable. As the time to vote
approaches people are thinking more and more about the tax proposal. Kip
has already raised sewer fees, trash pickup fees, impact fees on developers,
and etc. Tax and spend liberals have insatiable appetites. The shaky
currency structure and volatile stock market will impact retirement systems
and will make it harder to borrow money. We need a conservative with a
strong financial background to lead this parish through troubled financial
problems looming ahead.

A statement that I made, at a Southern University Forum, concerning Walter
Monsieur leaving was treated very lightly by the press. This is a serious
problem. When Walter leaves the mayor must hire someone else to be mayor.
No one knows who that will be or what his or her qualifications will be.
Why wouldn't we want someone who has put their credentials out there and has
been elected by the people? We have had a shadow mayor long enough. During
Kip's administration Walter has bonded and re-bonded the city debt. It is
obvious that Walter's family is in the bonding business. The City is going
to be left with a large bonded debt at the end of this administration. We
will need a Mayor with a strong financial background to manage that debt.

Four years ago when Kip campaigned the issues were crime, traffic and the
schools. None of these issues have been resolved. Small wonder Kip won't
talk about the issues and only talks about political strategies. Kip has
offered no platform. I not only have a platform, I am offering solutions.

CRIME: Scrubbing the budget and removing just 2% of the fat would free up
enough dollars to put 100 more police officers on the streets. There isn't
a public budget anywhere that can't be cut 2% and retain existing services.
There is no greater impediment to crime than the presence of police
officers.

TRAFFIC: Widening I-10 from the base of the Mississippi River to the 10 -12
split will get the interstate traffic off our local streets. The
right-of-way is there. This would be funded with state and federal money.
The project can be completed in two years as opposed to 25 years for a loop.
This project has been proposed by the state and DOTD held public hearing.
Kip attended every hearing and objected to the project because it affected
some of his constituents along Washington Street and Perkins Road. Yes, the
daily interstate traffic jams are Kip Holden Jams.

I could go on but as you see, we can move Baton Rouge forward without
breaking the bank. We must get rid of this tax and spend liberal. I stand
between Kip and his re-election just as I will stand between you and higher
taxes. When it comes time for you to vote, listen to your pocketbook and
vote for Dan Kyle. Remember the election is this Saturday, October 4, 2008!

P.S. I am proud to have run a positive campaign. However in the course of
the mayor's race others have made some serious allegations. It has been
alleged that the mayor has misappropriated funds by using his bodyguards for
personal reasons. It has also been alleged that an officer was offered a
$50,000. bribe. These allegations are more than political rhetoric. They
are serious allegations of criminal wrongdoing. After this race, when it
will not appear political, I will ask State Police to investigate these
alleged crimes. We need to know the truth and not leave this cloud hanging
over our city.

Please forward this newsletter to your e-mail list!