[StBernard] We learn the "truth" behind Snopes.com

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 15 19:49:07 EDT 2008

John,

Even before this issue was raised by you, I asked my husband's opinion of
why jewish people seem so liberal. No one ever told me they were liberal,
but I got that impression from the Jewish Hollywood crowd and they seemed so
liberal as do other jewish people that I know, save a few. I don't
understand the reason why. My husband said he thought it was from what
happened to them in the holocaust so they have that democratic liberal view
of "never again". But I still don't get it. I don't understand why the
holocaust has anything to do with liberalism. Democrats are much less
likely to go to war to help others in similar situations that the Jewish
people found themselves in and republicans are much better friends to
Israel. So why? Is it because they are minorities? Jewish people are
usually middle class or better and high tax payers. I'm confused about
this, what am I missing? I have no predgudices and I never did understand
why some people do.

Laurie

> Jim,

> I mentioned their religion because unlike any other religious denomination

> in the United States, there is none that is more linked to a political

party

> (in this case Democrat) or a particular politcal ideology (liberal) than

> jewish people - and that's a statistical fact.

> Just the other day Jack Grimm with Multi-Quest were talking about why do

> Jews always (with some rare exceptions) support the Democratic candidate

> when it seems all black caucuses within the DNC kick them in the but for

it

> afterwards. He told me what was explained to him by a jewish colleague,

but

> said my observation was correct. I think it important to note that as a

> basis for my conclusions about the Mikkelsons.

> After all, if I was to just blurt out they're liberals and that they're

> findings on their website could be liberally motiviated, then the reader

> would ask me what's the basis for my saying that. Note that I did

criticise

> them or their religion for being Jewish. In this particular case, my

> pointing out their (not only) religion, but cultural-ethnic background

> provides a reference as to "why" they are liberal and thus why one should

> question their findings.

> Jim, trust me, if this were in a court of law, this (of their religion)

> issue would be raised in cross examination. So, why should we not examine

> and question everything else in life the same way? I believe knowing as

> much as you can about a person or organization can only help you figure

out

> why he/they think the way they do.

> I also can't help but feel if they were of any other religion than Jewish,

> then you or others might not be so sensitve about it....God forbid we talk

> about Jews after what the Nazi's did to them, right?

> For too long now we overlook or excuse things (even little things) about a

> person or group out of courtesy and politeness we tell ourselves, "oh we

> shouldn't let that make a difference in what we think of him/them," but I

> say it should - because then we are guilty of "political correction,"

which

> I believe is one of the roots for the fix this nation is in today.

> I agree with Dr. James Dobson (Focus on the Family), we need to stop being

> polite in regards to overlooking little things about others who are

working

> to defeat what we believe to be our tradtional way of life in this

country.

> All those little things add up over years - and now look at the mess we're

> in. So, I don't have a problem at all referencing the Mikkelson's

religion.