[StBernard] Obama & health care

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 17 22:17:10 EDT 2008

I won't link to that site. Now I need to disinfect my pc! LOL

I think you were partially right Westley. Here's what's on that site:

Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes,
except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year.

If you don?t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new,
affordable health insurance options.

Make Health Insurance Work for People and Businesses - Not Just Insurance
and Drug Companies.

* Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all
Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive
benefits at fair and stable premiums.
* Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small
businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.
* Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic
health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.
* Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice
insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical
errors.
* Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers
that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of
quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of
payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.
* Establish a National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of
private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits
available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small
businesses to buy affordable health coverage.
* Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their
premiums.

I don't know how he'll make half of this work.

Jim