[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 29 16:35:57 EDT 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

LouisianaRebuilds.info: Recovery Assistance Section

Our Recovery Assistance Section <http://louisianarebuilds.info/comresources>
lists various types of resources and assistance available for residents
struggling to meet basic needs. Listings include one time grants available
to address household crisis situations, free groceries, rental and utility
assistance, low cost home furnishings, social service agencies providing
case management services, and more.

* NEW this week in our Recovery Assistance Section: Jefferson and six other
parishes have been approved for a second month of disaster food stamps
following Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. Approval had been granted for
Calcasieu, Cameron, Iberia, Jefferson, St. Mary, Terrebonne and Vermilion
parishes. Find out more in our Recovery Assistance Section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/comresources> .

Road Home Elevation Information Phone Number Changed

For information on the Road Home elevation program, residents should now
call the main Road Home number at 1-888-762-3252. Choose the regular
"homeowner option" and adviser answering will be able to service all calls
regarding program info. Find more information about the Road Home elevation
program and other elevation options in our Homeowners section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#elevate> .

November 4 Elections

Find all the information you need for next week's elections, including who's
on the ballot and where to vote, in our Elections section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/election> .

Upcoming Events

October 29: Energy-Saving Construction Seminar
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3320>

October 29: Citizens Road Home Action Team Meeting
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

October 30: Free Rebuilding Mini-Seminar: Photovoltaic and Solar Water
Heating Systems *two sessions* <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3356>

October 30: Southeast LA Small Business Recovery Conference
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3498>

November 1: Rebuilding Extravaganza
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3520>

November 8: Sankofa Marketplace Grand Opening
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3518>