[StBernard] Justice Unserved

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 31 10:47:25 EDT 2008

I'm so glad this guy will be put away for the rest of his life. I remember
this incident to so well. I lived in Lexington Place back then and this was
so horrible. He killed that man in cold blood and wounded that poor baby.
Another neighbor lady, can't recall her name, but she tried to help and
helped drag the man shot in the leg into her house in the chaos of it all.
Terrible in our peaceful family neighborhood.

Laurie

> Man will spend life in mental institution for Meraux bus stop shooting

> by The Times-Picayune

> Thursday October 30, 2008, 5:15 PM

> A St. Bernard Parish judge found a man accused of killing a Meraux father

> during a shotgun-shooting spree at a school bus stop in 2003 not guilty by

> reason of insanity.

> However, in his ruling Wednesday in state district court in Chalmette,

Judge

> Manuel Ferndez also declared that Louis Schenck would continue to be a

> danger to himself and others and ordered Schenck incarcerated in the East

> Feliciana Forensic Facility for the remainder of his life, courts

> transcripts show.

> Schenck, 51, was to stand trial on charges of first-degree murder and

three

> counts of attempted first-degree murder stemming from the shooting in the

> Lexington Place subdivision in August 2003.

> Danny Foto, 39, was killed by a shotgun blast. Foto's then 2-year-old son,

> who he was holding at the time, was critically wounded, as was another

man,

> Steven Miller, whose foot had to be amputated after his ankle was

shattered

> in the shooting.

> At least twice, in November 2003 and June 2004, Schenck had been found

unfit