[StBernard] Our loyal Watch Dog is gone!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 7 18:36:57 EST 2008

Below is a story today from MSNBC. This goes to prove what I've commented
on in earlier postings. The Media is no longer a friend to the common
American. Ask any person what the role of the media is and they'll tell
you something they've believed since it was taught to them back in grade
school.."to be the watch dog of the public."

But unfortunately for Americans, our beloved, loyal "watch dog" is gone.
With a few exceptions (like the Fox News dog), it's jumped into the bed on
one candidate and a party. No longer can we believe our watch dog is
looking out for us by providing us unbias news reporting...in fact, it no
longer fetches us a paper where all sides of a news story is given.

So, who watches out for us now? Maybe we should give thanks for blogs where
some of them reveal the truths of what's really going on. Matthews says
it's "his job to help this country." WRONG, Chris! As someone who
supposedly presents himself as a journalist, it's YOUR JOB to simply present
the news in an unbaised fashion where we are "fully" informed as to what's
going on - and without a political bias. Does Chris Matthews think for one
moment he is the same category or class of journalist like an Edward R.
Murrow or Bob Schieffer? What a joke! But, then again it is a clown that
normally would be a joke.

The credibility of the media is all but gone. Proceed with caution when
reading, watching or listening to anything the media presents.

John Scurich

NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed Jim Brown - OneNewsNow -
11/7/2008 8:15:00 AM

A media analyst says MSNBC host Chris Matthews effectively admitted
yesterday he was an unpaid member of Barack Obama's press office.

Matthews appeared Thursday on MSNBC's Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough and
was asked for his opinion about Congressman Rahm Emanuel's initial public
reluctance to accept the position as chief of staff for president-elect
Obama. Emanuel has since accepted the post.

During the MSNBC interview, a suggestion was made that there might be
turmoil within the new Obama administration, but Matthews refused to get
drawn into the conversation, instead saying that as a reporter he was
unwilling to "question motives." (See YouTube video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6pq_Pwjwc0> )

Matthews: "Yeah, well, you know what? I want to do everything I can
to make this thing work, this new presidency work, and I think that --

Scarborough: "Is that your job? You just talked about being a
journalist!"

Matthews: "Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this
country...because this country needs a successful presidency."

Mark Finkelstein, a contributing editor at Newsbusters.org, believes
Matthews is trying to accomplish two things, one being improving his
ratings, which have risen the further to the left he goes.

"[Matthews] has publicly stated that he is interested in running for the
United States Senate from the state of Pennsylvania in 2010," says
Finkelstein. "It's the Arlen Specter seat -- and this is, I believe, Chris
Matthews attempting to position himself for that...to ingratiate himself
first of all with Democratic leaders in the state of Pennsylvania, and then
potentially also with the Democratic primary electorate."

Finkelstein notes that panelists for MSNBC's election night coverage,
including former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford, were even teasing
Matthews about his strong affinity for Pennsylvania politics.