[StBernard] State rebukes SDT over trash facility

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 9 23:22:11 EST 2008

SJK:

The planning commission decision was a shock to me also. They have
recommended denying just about all rental applications yet this thing they
approved! I know it's apples and oranges, yet why even think of approving a
**regional** dump site for this parish? So I guess it's' up to the Council
to deny this mess. With the current atmosphere over SDT maybe the Council
will do the right thing.

JY

what floored me was when planning commissioners compared what has
been on
Paris Road and what condition the open air transfer site was to what
improvement the proposal would bring.

is that all "planners" can envision is a regional waste site for
our
bayou/marina?

the business owners and residents in this Paris Road area restored
their
community and have a vision for the future of our parish. they
rebuilt to a
safer and higher standard. other businesses who returned or began to
do
business here are expected to operate on a more responsible level

SJK