[StBernard] Remarks by John McCain

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 11 00:58:52 EST 2008

West,

Did you see the recent show with Charlie Rose when he had Tom Brokaw on?
Keep in mind Rose always came across to me as an Obama supporter, but he
started asking some tough question to Brokaw. In summary, he asked Brokaw
generally "who is Barack Obama?" Rose pointed out who are is heroes? What
are his peeves, etc. etc.

Anyway, Tom Brokaw actually admitted "we really don't know who the real
Barack Obama is...we really don't know a lot about him"...this was just
recent. And at that point I thought "my God, we ARE a nation of DUMB
ASSES!" Who ever heard of electing to an office as high as the presidency
someone we really don't know who he is?"

Westley, I'm thinking if I have to explain this anymore, then I'm wasting my
time. Just think...companies spend more time checking out the background of
someone they're considering hiring as a janitor than what most Americans
spent questioning Obama's background...geez! It's strange how we try to
instill common sense in every aspect of our lives, but it goes out the
window when it's time to elect a president.

In replying to a friend who lives in Hot Springs, AR, she asked why I didn't
care for Obama? I told her I'm never sold on a candidate when all he has to
offer and campaign on is "hope." To me, "hope" is a cheap commodity when
its built upon words and not merit. In this instance, I found Obama's
message of hope to be no different from what I hear from a car salesman on a
used car lot. It's like he was trying to "sell" me on something rather than
"convince" me of something. The difference is selling is based on smooth
rhetoric, convincing is based on a record or resume. Obama had neither. He
has NEVER contributed a single thing to his country - NOTHING...and that's a
fact! Thus, we have elected the nation's first used car salesman as its
president. Let's just hope he doesn't sell us a lemon. But just to be
prepared, have the pitcher, water and sugar ready.

John Scurich