[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 13 17:01:24 EST 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

One-Time Rental Assistance Available to 20 Low-Income Families

The Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center (GNOFHAC) is offering
mini-grants for rental assistance to approximately 20 families that are
experiencing financial difficulties related to the Hurricane Gustav
evacuation and that are facing eviction. The deadline to apply is TOMORROW,
Friday, November 14th. Find out more in our Renters Section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/renters> .

SBA Loans for Businesses and Residents impacted by Gustav and Ike

Louisiana homeowners, renters and businesses impacted by hurricanes Gustav
and Ike have access to more than $100 million in federal low-interest
disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration. Disaster loans
up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace their
damaged or destroyed primary residence. Homeowners and renters are eligible
for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal
property. Businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations may
borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real
estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets. Find
out more in our Recovery Assistance Section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/comresources#orgs> .

SDT Waste Recycling Program Sign-Up

SDT Waste is gauging interest in a weekly recycling program. Any area of the
city can be included in the recycling program if at least 500 people in the
area sign up. Find out more in our Local Services section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/localservices#debris> .

Upcoming Events

November 13-16: Volunteers Needed to Help Turn Houses Into Homes
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3539>

November 15: Free Rebuilding Workshops - Elevation and Mitigation
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3552>

November 15: Being Green and Chic Health Fair
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3540>

November 16: Community Expo: Rebuilding and Flood Protection
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3551>

November 19: Big Business Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3606>

November 20: Keep Your Head Above Water: How to Get the Money You Need to
Elevate Your Home <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3541>

November 22: Treme Neighborhood Health Fair
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3605>

November 28: 2008 St. Bernard Thanksgiving Celebration
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3545>