[StBernard] Thank You

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 13 22:30:15 EST 2008

Dear Friends,

George Bernard Shaw once wrote that you hold your own in the world by taking
the initiative, not merely standing guard. That's true in life, as it is in
the political arena.

The long campaign season has ended, and I send a heartfelt thank you for
supporting our campaign to bring conservative change to the United States
Senate. While the election results did not go our way, we stand strong
knowing that, together, we took that initiative. Our voices were heard.
Almost half of the voters of Louisiana agreed with us - 867,177 in all.

I am proud of the hard fought campaign we waged against Washington politics
as usual. I firmly stand by the bedrock principles I expressed in this
campaign, principles I have believed in my whole life.

Economies grow by letting people keep more of their own money. Budgets are
balanced by not wasting precious taxpayer dollars. And America is safe only
when we fight to protect it.

As you know, I'm not one to simply stand guard. I've never been afraid to
take on special interests when it comes to protecting Louisiana taxpayers.
I've been proud to serve as your State Treasurer, and am deeply honored to
continue serving the taxpayers of Louisiana in that capacity.

Once again, I want to sincerely thank you for standing with me during this
campaign. You will never know how much your friendship and support mean to
me. I will never forget you. ?And I will never forget the thousands of good,
hard-working people of Louisiana I met along the way.

My faith in our state, our people and our promise has been immeasurably
strengthened.

Sincerely,

John Kennedy