[StBernard] How Congressmen are different from us

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 29 11:23:49 EST 2008

I thought I would share with you a funny story sent to me. Also, a little
reminder for this time of year: it's okay to say Merry Christmas! So let's
drop the generic "happy holidays" and remind people what this season is
really all about...a Merry "Christmas". Please do NOT support any retailers
during this season that refuse to put the word "Christmas" in their ads and
catalogues.

John Scurich

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asks
about his bill and the barber replies, I cannot accept money from you. I'm
doing community service this week. The florist is pleased and leaves the
shop. When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a
"thank you" card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a copy comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay, the barber
again replies, I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service
this week. The cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the
barber goes to open up there is a "thank you" note and a dozen donuts
waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a school teacher comes in for haircut, and when he tries to
pay his bill, the barber again replies, I cannot accept money from you. I'm
doing community service this week. The school teacher is very happy and
leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a
"thank you" card and a dozen different books, such as "How to Improve Your
Business" and "Becoming More Successful."

Then, a Congressman comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill
the barber again replies, I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing
community service this week. The Congressman is very happy and leaves the
shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen
congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the
citizens of our country and the members of our Congress.