[StBernard] New Congressional visitors' center

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 5 08:00:39 EST 2008

Here is what Harry Reid, Majority Leader, had to say about the new center:

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its
original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader
Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't
offend them with their B.O. anymore.

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said
Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity,
you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be
descriptive but it's true."

But it's no longer going to be true, noted Reid, thanks to the air
conditioned, indoor space.

And that's not all. "We have many bathrooms here, as you can see," Reid
continued. "Souvenirs are available."

$621 million well spent.

Reid is from Nevada, an hr. away from Las Vegas. I wonder how his
constituents smell in all that desert heat?

JY