[StBernard] A Christmas Prayer From Autom

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 23 08:42:56 EST 2008

Merry Christmas!

Dear Father in Heaven,

Thank You for giving each of us the most wonderful gift of Your Son, Jesus,
born on Christmas Day.

We kneel before the crib on this Holy Night and worship Your Son who became
one of us. As this little Child sleeps in the hush of the star-studded sky,
we feel again the warmth of Your hope. We feel humbled in the startling
realization that You would send Your only Son far from the adulation and
adoration of heaven to this humble manger in a forlorn stable to save
us-from our selfishness, our self-righteousness, our desire to be served,
and our need to control.

As we gaze at such unconditional love, the warmth that flows from our Infant
King renews our faith and rekindles our love this Christmas, to bring His
light to all those who still walk in darkness.

O Jesus, as we adore you with Mary and Joseph, we admit our powerlessness to
change ourselves and our world, and we surrender to Your wondrous love.
Truly You alone are the Holy One, You alone are the Lord, You alone are the
Most High, Jesus Christ!

Send us your Spirit, dear Lord; warm and soften our hearts to receive again
Your good news and Your invincible light. Watch over our loved ones near and
far, especially those who protect us at home and abroad. Bring peace to
every part of our world, every room of our homes, and every corner of our
hearts.

Dear Jesus, may You be born again in us this day. Amen.

The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
For a child is born to us, a son is given us.
Isaiah 9:1, 5

On behalf of our Autom family we wish you a Blessed Christmas!