[StBernard] SDT, St. Bernard Parish close to settlement

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 23 09:19:55 EST 2008

SDT, St. Bernard Parish close to settlement

08:36 PM CST on Monday, December 22, 2008

Ian Kramer / Eyewitness News

SDT may be settling allegations of overbilling with Saint Bernard Parish.

Eyewitness News learned Monday night at a special parish council meeting SDT
has submitted a settlement proposal to the parish and the council now has
its attorneys reviewing the documents.

Before anything is a done deal, Parish President Craig Taffaro said they're
still waiting for the results of an independent auditor who has been combing
through SDT's business records.

"Hopefully in the next few days we'll receive a full report from our
forensic accountant and then from there we can finalize and sign the
documents that are necessary for a settlement," Taffaro said.

Last week, the U.S. Attorney's Office issued a Federal subpoena to St.
Bernard Parish for records, contracts and payments made to SDT.