[StBernard] Who Owns Target Stores?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 16 20:04:32 EST 2009

Who Owns Target Stores

Wasn't it last Christmas that Target refused to
let the Salvation Army ring their bells in front of their
stores?

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association
wrote.

'Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be
a proud
sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
during our
spring recognition event.

We received the following reply
from the local TARGET management:
' Veterans do not meet our
area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social
action
groups, gay & lesbian causes, and
education.'

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans
Memorial Wall and
veterans in general, do not meet their donation
criteria,
then something is really wrong at this TARGET
store. We were
not asking for thousands of dollars, not even
hundreds, just
a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I E-mailed the TARGET U.S.
Corporate
Headquarters and their response was the same.
That's their
national policy.

Then I looked into the company further.
They will not allow
the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots'
at any of their
stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they
would
not allow families of employees who were called up
for
active duty to continue their insurance coverage
while
they were on military service. Then as I dig
further,

TARGET
is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET cannot
support American
Veterans, then why should my family and I support
their
stores by spending our hard earned American
dollars!

And,
have their profits sent to France .

Without the American
Vets, where would F rance be today?

'They, most likely would be speaking German and
trading in Deutsch Marks'

Sincerely,
Dick Forrey
Veterans Helping Veterans

Please send this on to everyone you know
to let Target know
we don't need them either !

Get a free MP3 every day with the Spinner.com <http://spinner.com/ Toolbar.
Get it Now.

Date: 12/22/2008 12:00 AM

Date: 12/22/2008 12:00 AM

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.

==
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is
STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links
herein,
from your system.

==
The Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 01/14/09, 18:58:57.