[StBernard] The Inauguration and The Biggest Loser on the same day

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 22 08:33:45 EST 2009

"It is ironic that NBC tonight is showing a program called "The Biggest
Loser." Until I read the TV Guide I thought it was a program on America
following today's inauguration. --John Scurich"

Jerry responds: Good viewpoint, John.

And if I might add to it cynically, let me say that the Conservatives were:
"The Biggest Snoozer" <chuckle> for botching up election 2008 in some
respects. Let me clarify, somewhat.

Giving credit to the liberals for a more modern election (using networking
with electronic means: text-messaging, blogging, e-mail, and the press (and
believe me, O-Blah-Mah had da money to do lots of ads, etc. effectively in
modern times), OB has the skills of communicating and organization to pull
it off.

Secondly, the youth: running "da old guy" (even though he was an American
Hero) may not cut it any longer this century. Due to da population shift,
demographically, the graying of America and virtues of Loyalty, national
pride, heroic deeds etc. went east with da geese, so to speak. OB had none
of this an pulled off a stunning defeat. In this election, the deciding
faction didn't care about OB being a hero, nor that he's got loyalty,
religion, nor any sense of a "decency" that matters. What seemed to matter
is his age. What's a youth going to vote for? Some old-fogey whose into his
70's (forget Reagan for the time being he was a celebrity) with a much
younger wife to keep his heart beating and his virility shining? <G>.

Where America shines is where America's hopes are: During economic
downspins, in these modern times, they want a youthful person with that
"burning desire to excel", bring hope to America (and not a sense that one
has to cart the president around in a wheelchair, image-wise.

Rebuilding the GOP will take a vibrant hero out of nowhere (they had enough
of Washington, although OB picked tons of "biggest losers" whom he beat to
serve with him: Biden, Clinton, Richardson (who later withdrew from his
nomination) and brought along more cronies).

Now, with Sarah Palin, (who became a conservative sweetheart, so to speak),
the liberal media basically "spanked" her (no offence intended) and sent her
on her way. America (at least the liberal ones) is not ready to vote a
president with a conservative woman (they have no problem with a liberal
one, however, because they tend to be more calloused and talks over others
(Clinton, Feinstein, Pelosi, etc.) to extremes. To liberals a good woman
does not mean a moral one, but a cold-blooded one, it seems. Poor Sarah just
wasn't ready this year for a hardened leftist majority.

If we can match O'Blah-Mah-dee's oratory skills, we'd pick Bobby Jindal to
beat him in 2012. Bobby can hold his own and still keep his head high (and
give him 4 more years experience as governor and he'll be sharpened to a
tempered, surgical steel blade ready for the slicing. With youth on his side
and experience, we'll see.

As to demographics, 12,000,000 illegals have influence in the Latino
community, convincing its voters to stick with liberals who will "get them
freebies from the government, drivers licenses, social security/and cards,
you name it. They will populate like New Orleans termites if not simply to
give Santa Ana of 1820's his "I have a dream" come true wish: to retake
Texas and the entire United States while they're at it. The good Latino's
for conservatism will be sharply outnumbered by those who are looking for
"what's in it for me" ones. No patriotism to America, just an opportunity to
become the largest sector of the real "New Mexico" which will spread from
sea-to-shining-sea in 20 years or so.

Therefore, "Da Biggest Loser" will be what ultimately will be "ignorant"
majority of today who believe da government is there to provide all with
everything they need (The Welfare States of America--collectively into the
U.S). The balance of power will shift from what we had up until the
mid-60's: a world of order. At every turn, we see the fabric of America
being discolored (no racial insult) by greed, hate, distrust, immorality--a
real Sodom and Gomorrah!

Unless there is a reversal to a godless society in the next 20 years, the
nation will be as cold as the Artic presently (which will be warmer in 20
years, if we can do a reversal of those two. Warm-2-cold and cold-2-warm.

Geez, I can't be da only one in America who sees a trend here. If the trend
is allowed to continue, we can turn out the lights and lock the door.
Because, you see, America's Party will be over.

--jer