[StBernard] taxes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 22 18:16:00 EST 2009

Wow.
I pay taxes when I earn my money.
I pay taxes when I spend my money.
I pay taxes when I save my money.
I pay social security, medicare, whatever.
I pay taxes when I get my social security check.
I pay taxes on each sheetrock, nail, gallon of paint that went into my
rebuilt house.
I pay taxes and return refunds because of grants, none of which covered the
cost of rebuilding.
I pay taxes on my home even though it is paid off completely.
I pay taxes when I die.

I am happy to be able to pay taxes, as it means I have an income. Without it
the house would never have been rebuilt. I work, and I pay for what I own, I
pay taxes getting money and spending money, taxes saving money, and am
paying taxes for a house paid for, just for having it. Logic?

Yet any 'exemption' is WELCOME, although why is an exemption needed for
taxes I am already paying or paid......

Gaby
Even God doesn't plan to judge a man till the end of his days, why should
you and I?

-Unknown

All the effort to send this e-mail which will go no where,
should be spent trying to change the tax code in LA. Instead of raising the
homestead exemption it should be eliminated all together. Then Everyone
would have to pay something and all the names of homeowners on this list
which are killed by the additional taxes could get a break. We have the
right Governor and a government who is anxious to do dramatic things. It
would require an entire new tax code. So I won't support an increase, make
it hurt til people get the courage to demand the real change we need.

Al Claude