[StBernard] Perception at Washington D.C. Mardi Gras

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 29 18:13:10 EST 2009

Perception of an unethical behavior is worst than that of the actual
infraction.
Somehow our parish government continue to shoot themselves in the foot over
and over again.

In today's TP paper one column headlines " St. Bernard goes to Washington"
and continues on that our council President and members met on Wednesday
with several congressional Representatives in D.C. and are scheduled to meet
today and Friday with others.

The very next page, in large bold letters " Power at play at D.C. Mardi Gras
pParty, Les Bons Temps Roll Over Ethics Questions". This article describes
the 3 day activities which begin tonight.

Now was it necessary to meet with our congressional representatives in this
manner, this week? Who knows. However the perception is there that this is
another boon doggle at the taxpayers expense. Probably not but he perception
still exist. This perception will do more harm than the positive work that
our parish representatives will achieve networking in a relaxed environment.

The intention of the press release was to alert the public that our parish
officials were in D.C. to rally our parish needs and intended as a positive
approach. Unfortunately it could possibly create a adverse reaction.

jdolese