[StBernard] Wall Mart Aquires Huge Tract of Land in Eastern NO

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 8 12:08:52 EST 2009

Sadly, I don't have any great expectations that the Wal-Mart in Chalmette
will reopen any time in the foreseeable future. I think if it were, we
would be hearing more about it.

I have no idea what the holdups are, but we certainly aren't hearing
anything about it.

Today's real estate transfers show that Wall Mart has purchased 4
large
tracts of ground in Eastern New Orleans that were originally part of
the
LaKratt track of land. One would ask why the acquisition of more
land when
there is a store in St. Bernard, so close to Eastern New Orleans to
serve
both areas?

Possibly it's a land acquisition for the land that they currently
have
store built on. Either way it doesn't appear to be a positive move
for St
Bernard in regards to the Wall Mart store reopening in our parish.
jd