[StBernard] Parish Threatens To Tear Down Renovated Home

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 8 12:09:13 EST 2009

I would think the parish is trading one form of "blight" for another. If I
have started work on a house and the parish is not satisfied with my
progress and bulldozes it, will I feel inclined to
keep cutting grass on an empty lot with or without a slab on it? Then, the
neighbors, if any, are faced with an overgrown empty lot. If the house is
secure, is one better than the other?

This is what's wrong with America. Some people have been able
financially
get on with their lives while others have not been so lucky. So what
do you
do? You tear down a home that is half finished after a disaster,
having
$50,000 poured into it and make remarks that
everyone should be at the same
point in the recovery process. Outrageous. Do I hear blatancy?

It's near the equivalent of paying a doctor to take out your
cancer-diseased
left kidney and he takes out your right one. Pitiful shame to all
who are
associated here.

--jer--