[StBernard] "FEEL SORRY DAY"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 8 17:43:10 EST 2009

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/jasper.asp

-----Original Message-----

This is feel sorry for Sharon Jasper day. This story will bring a
tear to your eyes.....not from feeling sorry for her, but the sadness that
something like this can be happening. I know it is happening all over our
country and that is the sad part.
Bob...

Ever wonder why our economy is in the tank, or why our taxes are so high, or
why both parents have to work to support their families?The answer is
entitlements!The below report is a good indicator

Welfare just ain't what it used to be! December 22, 2007

Sharon Jasper has been victimized. Poor thing...she has been rabidly
wronged. She has become a Section 8 care case -- the victim of ever changing
public housing policies.Sharon Jasper has spent 57 of her 58 years dedicated
to one cause and one cause only, and has nothing to show for her dedicated
servitude.. She has lived in Section 8 housing all but 1 of her 58 years.
It was a legacy passed down from her parents who moved into Section 8
housing in 1949 when she was six months old. She has passed the legacy down
to her children, but fears they may have to get jobs to pay for the
utilities and deposits.
She laments about her one year hiatus from the comfort of her Section 8
nirvana, ' I tried it for a year -- you know, working and all. It's not
anything I would want to go through again, or wish on anyone in my family,
but I am damn proud of that year.'
Sharon was moved out of her St. Bernard housing project after hurricane
Katrina and into a new, yet albeit, substandard quarterage. As can be noted
from the above photo of her new Section 8 home, it is repugnant and not
suitable for someone of Sharon Jasper's seniority status in the system.
'Don't be fooled by them hardwood floors,' says Sharon .
They told me they were putting in scraped wood floors cause it was more
expensive and elegant, but I am not a fool -- that was just a way to make me
take scratched up wood because I am black. The 60 inch HD TV? It may look
nice but it is not a plasma. It's not a plasma because I'm black. Now they
want me to pay a deposit and utilities on this dump.' 'Do you know why?'

She has held her tongue in silence through the years of abuse by the system,
but it came to a head at the New Orleans ' city council meeting where
discussions were under way about the tearing down of the St. Bernard
projects. When a near riotous exchange between groups opposing the tearing
down of St. Bernard and groups wanting the dilapidated buildings torn down
and newer ones built, Sharon unleashed verbal hell with her once silenced
tongue. The object of her oratory prowess was an acquiescent poor white boy
in attendance.
The context of her scathing rebuke was, 'Just because you pay for my house,
my car, my big screen and my food, I will not be treated like a slave!' and
'Back up and Shut up! Shut up, white boy! Shut up, white boy!'
Recapping from the mental log of the city council minutes in her head,
Sharon repines, 'Our families have been displaced all over the United
States. They are being forced to commit crimes in cities they are
unfamiliar with. It is a very uncomfortable situation for them.. Bring
them back, then let's talk about redevelopment.'
Sharon directs the reporter's attention across the street to Duncan
Plaza where homeless people are living in tents and states that, 'I might
do better out there with one of these tents.' She further lamented her
sentiments about her situation, 'I might be poor, but I don't have to live
poor.'