[StBernard] THE CHICAGO WAY

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 11 10:15:21 EST 2009

I doubt that most people in the America even realize how
this process works in DC, starting at the White House!

THE CHICAGO WAY

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the
White House in D.C.; One from Chicago,
one from Missouri and a third from Kentucky.
They all go with a White House official to examine the
fence.
The Missouri contractor takes out a tape measure and
does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run
about $900: $400 for
materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'
The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and
figuring, then says, 'I can do this  job for $700:
$300 for
materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'
The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but
leans over to the White House official and whispers,
'$2,700. '
The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You
didn't even
measure like the other guys ! How did you come up
with such a high figure?'
The Chicago contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me,
$1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky
to fix the fence.'
'Done!' replies the government official.
And that my friends, is how it all works in Chicago!!!