[StBernard] Parish Threatens To Tear Down Renovated Home

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 14 10:23:34 EST 2009

"Jerry is right ~ I'm with you Brenda ~" --Me, Angie.

Jerry Responds:

Follow this folks: I wore a coonskin cap in the early 50's. I believed in my
hero, Davy Crockett and sang his tune because it always made me feel so
inspired to do right following a role model so great.

Furthermore, I've always enjoyed citing his quote--even though it sounds
corny in this era: (what doesn't because if one happens to be "hip-hop",
punked, body mutilated and tattooed, liberal or God-less, how can it indeed
make sense?

He said, "Make sure you're right--then go ahead!"

I follow the conscience the Lord handed me and everyone, but some abandoned
their gift for selfishness, greed and to fit in.

Truthfully, "how can you recovery successfully, when you're losing (your
life's sacred gains) so miserably?

This is not an argument between who comes first, the chicken or the egg.

What comes firstly is recovery because its ultimate purposed is to place
each citizen back into the community with a successful run on the road to
recovery. (ideal).

For those who do not understand this, Use your memory to place you back at
the most horrific time in your life.
They can include your best years which have collapsed, or it could be the
lost of your loved ones in a serious accident or crime. Perhaps it is the
loss of your most cherished job ever held . Then, it might be a disaster. At
no time did any of us recover simultaneously, to an equal level or financial
status.

Provided that all the incidences fell in place including emotional health
and financial recovery from the incidence within the exact timeframe--there
would be little reason to challenge authorities for their reason. This is
because such perfection of planning reinforces those in power with
inexplicable, complete satisfaction and accomplishment.

When there are Tortoises (disadvantaged financially, physical ability to
accommodate) and Hares (Those physically and mentally capable with fine
resources for making their recovery dreams a reality much sooner than others
(as those who had or could have afforded more than adequate insurance and
disaster recovery assistance), the speedy trip to bringing one back to
normalcy was not an accurate and grueling challenge as others who carried
the 800 lb. gorilla on a steep decent to a "I wish I can , I hope I can, I
think I can chant.

Some feel short, likely to circumstances beyond their ability or control.
Faulting them is crowing while one is ahead, even taunting a dispirited
fellow St. Bernardian over misery that carries scars a long, long, time.

--jer--