[StBernard] Wall Mart Aquires Huge Tract of Land in Eastern NO

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 14 10:21:52 EST 2009

"Their per capita research reflects a higher per capita
of $24,000 as opposed to the $18,000 you cited and they have committed to
rebuild a Super WalMart, pharmacy and grocery included, --JFR"

Jer Responds: Sorry, I should have added the link. I'm citing from the St.
Bernard Parish Economic Development Commission's Website from some months
ago:

Income (July 2008)*

Median Household Income $33,494
Average Household Income $48,084
Per Capita Income $18,292

--before Katrina, the average per capita was about $3000 more. Now who do we
believe? Wal-Mart or the Economic Development Commission. Please, do not be
swayed or taken by figures padded by actual per capita in St. Bernard
Parish, as we know, until the actual 2010 Census (and God, I'm not even
certain by it, knowing these new liberals in Fed. Government might
redistrict so that Minorities get voter-leaning newly drawn lines
(redistricting).

As far as Wal-Mart, I wrote I was hoping Wal-Mart would bring in their Super
Wal-Mart back as per the news we've received concerning this. It is much
worse to reality now that the populace is 33-40% but, can likely be skewed
to beef up benefits for the benefit of government to provide goods and
services. They're not always accurate, however.

Politics, negotiations, citizens acceptance or rejections, practicality and
luck all play a part whether St. Bernard will have for certainty a Super
Wal-Mart soon, as compared with one of their smaller packages or grocery
outlets.

A full-featured hospital is preferable to any store, regardless. As the lack
of good services from a hospital trumps a store anytime by citizens in a
community. However, full-fledged war by government vs. boards, landowners,
lawyers, financial needs, citizens, and others will most likely delay a
hospital (as it has for the past 4 years), because each will do what
stimulates the ego and what would make each entity the "winner" in a game of
people's lives--because to walk away from a negotiating table a winner has a
sense of "Union Gettysburg Defeat" which provides a "high" unlike any other.
For like Gettysburg, there are casualties of war (citizens), but the
Generals walk away unwounded, with only their egos bruised. For who among
you are satisfied with a trailer to keep the best of health in place and
save lives all within the parish's boundaries.

--jer--