[StBernard] Who can help me on this matter ~~~~

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 14 16:26:38 EST 2009

Community Development told us :
All my electric had to be changed, when I went back for another
matter I asked again, I was told no, only the first floor. We have
a split level - 3 different levels

First electrician said NO, all that had to be done was I need a
new panel on the inside & outside-also all new plug ins, switches -
replace the light fixtures down stairs

Second said YES, all of it

Third said only the garage & 1st floor

Yesterday I was in the garage, this gentleman stopped by ~ he was
looking for work. He showed me a card that looks like a charge
card. He did tell me if the guys that I hire doesn't have one
to show me that they aren't approved by the parish & aren't
really licensed by the parish, that most likely they are using
someone else's license. (Is this true) He said he also does
electric, plumbing, a/c - he said he can get all these permits if I
choose ~ the crazy thing is I had a electrician start my job, he
put the panel on the outside / the stranger looked at it, he said
I sure hope he didn't talk you into changing all of your wiring
because you don't have to. That he's a inspector also, he knows
what has to be done. Now it has me thinking, so if what I've
been told is true. We are like most in the parish, if I don't
have to do all this electric, We could go to the next stage of
the process sooner.
Who can really tell me the rules for electric .

Angie