[StBernard] Parish Threatens To Tear Down Renovated Home

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 16 06:08:03 EST 2009

" Jer, Thanks for expressing what needs to be said. I have noticed also that
those
that were online before the election now rarely submit any comments or
information. I have seen a post only a time or two when the answer someone
was seeking was either one that was pretty simple to answer or a positive
message regarding the progress in the parish or the administration." --EH.

Jer Responds:

EH, YOU have summed it up.

As positive as everyone wishes to be, the reality check is that things are
not as rosy as leaders portrait things. When there is less confusion,
challenge to their leadership or whatever, they must work harder to bring
"the planets into alignment". No matter how each paints the picture, someone
is left out of that picture. It's quite unfair knowing one or more of us has
been placed at the end of the line or not at all. Those "photo-ops" of
politicians are part of the drama displayed in the media to show each in a
good light and accomplishments. When have you seen a politician have one of
his press-agents grab video or photos of him having an affair, his
malfeasance in office, criminal activities or very negative press? It won't
happen by his/her own agents. They only want good press. It's up to an
undercover reporter or snoop to dig out the bad stuff for the negative
press.

To move things along, leaders must "cut off the noses to spite the face".

As long as those who are in comfort, it pleases them and they soon forget
the misery left behind for others to experience. It may be human nature.
Remember when some things were given away freely and you were the one who
got it and they ran out immediately after yours was given out? Well, it
brought fuzzy thoughts to you, and the lady behind you with 3 children
received none.

It's not easy trying to explain to that person they won't receive the gift.
The persons giving the gifts try to make the non-recipient understand that
there are no more, but trying to make it understandable when you're the one
excluded is not easy.

So it is with homeowners after a disaster. We wonder when the nightmare
will be over.

To many, (even after recovery) it may never be. We have to live with each
and every misery-laden incident that basically wrote the horror
story--page-by-page and memory-by-memory episode; reliving it to death's
end.

We are told "there are no guarantees in life" or "nothing is fair in life"

However, We are "St. Bernard Parish's Babies" - many of us born there, and
others spent so many years there we helped establish and build modern St.
Bernard from the 40's to Katrina.

As with Babies, we are learned to comfort the child and nurture it. Somehow,
as children of da Parish, when we are deprived of this nurturing it is very
painful and our crying continues--crying that indeed is justified, not as
whiners but more than that--life fear of what will happen to us if not
comforted and nurtured to independence.

How easy it is for those who are the have's to ignore or forget the
"have-nots" after such a traumatic experience.

I and many others are praying for your and countless others--that they
receive the comfort needed now and in the years that it could take to make
one whole again.

--jer--