[StBernard] Parish Threatens To Tear Down Renovated Home

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 16 06:08:34 EST 2009

" This message was posted on NOLA, a website for those having issues with
demolitions. Good idea. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lacatvictims/ --EH"

Jerry Responds:

EH, at times it can be incredulous to witness how solutions to problems
should have to be addressed an initiator or source of a problem. That is,
seeking solutions must be met and achieved by seeking assistance outside the
range of government. As it may well be true that government doesn't always
provide the answers to issues--whether by design or in its ignorance to stay
away from it.

It reminds me, and if I may, paraphrase the greatest of solution-solvers:
the Holy Bible (Luke). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan

In the story of the Good Samaritan, a robber/attacker leaves a near-dead
victim by the wayside and the majority of passerby's feel it is either not
their business or should be handled by someone else.

Thus it is with government, in this case.

We have serious issues (some might want to analogize with the once thriving
life that our homes have given us). Now, near death, it sits alone or being
worked upon at a speed conducive to ability or capability. Help is asked.
Yet, the lifeblood of our tribulation is being challenged to expedience
beyond our control and efforts.

If our home is deeply-or-mortally wounded, would not it be appropriate and
righteous, humanitarian and Christ-Like to stop by the deeply wounded and
offer help to the victim?

A Samaritan is needed and if it should come from the guise of those who can
offer assistance (whether it be government or one capable), I do not see the
difference as to whether the difference is what we bled for in our home or
if a robber has left us half-dead and no Samaritan to wipe our tears, tend
to our wounds or assist us emotionally in our quest to heal properly.

**For Jesus said: "What you do (or not do) to (for) the least of my brethren
you do to me." **

So we ask, who is thy neighbor because even our local government is
comprised of individuals who live within or who by most circumstances are
considered our neighbors. And any neighbor facing demolition is the victim.
So, who is a neighbor?

Jesus answered, "The one who treated him (the victim) with mercy." Jesus
said to him, "Go and do likewise." (and we might say here to go and thus
treat the victim.) Turning one's head to the problem, ignoring it, pressing
an issue forward or lacking the mercy when needed is contrary to that
special effort a good Samaritan might offer to the downtrodden.

Sometimes, not doing for - is as worse as what you have done to someone, is
this not true?

--jer