[StBernard] Recall effort filed today against St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 18 05:29:07 EST 2009

"Recall effort filed today against St. Bernard Parish President Craig
Taffaro - By The Times-Picayune"

Jer Responds:

Why did I not feel this would happen? I've been saying it for weeks. Craig
as any fine gentleman must know that people have rights and making poor
decisions can land people out of the same office by the very people who
placed them in.

Craig ran on the campaign promise that he'll be difference than JR who many
feel had not been transparent enough or responsible to help those who have
lost their a$$ in the most horrific disaster of the Nation.

He and anyone who ran after JR shoulda, woulda, musta, and havta abide by
the "mandate" of each and every citizen of da parish. If one chooses to
accept the challenge (and believe me, there was none greater for
parishioners than this catastrophe), that means he/she would firstly, have
to be a "superman" as it would take every working day, every thinking hour,
and more heart than soul to see people as Mother Theresa had to do (and not
take credit for it).

I will say this. Things will change in St. Bernard, (even past the point it
already has)

--because it was not only Katrina that has changed St. Bernard Parish--it
was us, it was them, it was God.

Now we'll see if it's for the "better or worse" - (similar to marriage vows,
but a lot tougher for those whose daily prayer to their maker pleads for
justice for the misery and divine intervention for the rest of the recovery
process.

--jer--