[StBernard] Recall effort filed today against St. Bernard ParishPresident Craig Taffaro

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 18 15:32:21 EST 2009

"In this case, let's give the administration the chance to recognize any
mistake that might have been made and make good on rectifying the situation.
Craig has made comments that he will promptly look into this and I get the
impression he is going to make good on that if it's learned the wrecking
crain was little too zealous - espically if it was at the wrong house.
--John Scurich."

Jer Responds:

Good points. However,..

One house, demo'd. Two houses, demo'd, three homes, gone.. well, one gets
the picture. My home was demoed, but at the request of my action to have it
done so. It needed it.

However, Another wise man justly said, "Keep doing what you're doing without
oversight, and someone's gonna get pi$$ed off enough to file a recall
action" (--Jer, 2009).

Craig doesn't deserve a recall solely on the matter that he's done lots of
good things in the recovery process. Craig's in the scope of a high-powered
weapon (recall petition, possible suits, etc.) which not only can spoil a
reputation, but hurt his chances to seeing it though help recover St.
Bernard Parish properly.

I mentioned oversight. When in the process of administration of government,
it should (has been) the proverbial, "The buck stops here!".

Thus responsibility to more severe damage to homes in recovery lay at the
feet of those who give the power of demolition. Over-rambunctiousness to
speed along recovery is as dangerous as a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon
who is late for his operation and far worse--his golf game tees off in 20
minutes.

No one wants to see Craig NOT succeed, but a leader of men and women in
government serves his parish according to proper planning of leadership
skills in government.

With demolition improperly applied, "Haste DOES make waste!"

You hardly can undo what the wrecking ball has done. Some people love their
homes and would rather it than a newer home built on the same spot.

Breakdowns in communication?

Let's hope there are fewer breakdowns than the ones emotionally felt by
those who are weeping almost 4 years after Katrina with only good wishes to
recovery with as less pain as a wrecking ball can cause.

--jer--

btw, I am not opinionated as much as I feel a genuine concern for my
brothers and sisters of the parish I dearly love.