[StBernard] DEMO's

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 18 18:14:27 EST 2009

jer:

I do not have the time to respond to your endless tirades. You evidently
have an abundance of time to express your opinion, and notice that I said
opinion, not fact, time that I do not have. You say, directly to me, how if
you were parish president "you would make your rounds to the few people that
have made St. Bernard their home....". Well, I am one of those people and I
fail to see how a visit from you would help me in any way. I suggest,
however, that you get off your computer for a few hours and drive around St.
Bernard and check on those homes that bear demolition stickers, get with the
owners, and help them. Your talk is cheap. Do something other than talk!

JFR

Ok. Now let's discuss contact. Spending $50,000 repairing a home is
not
chump change. This comes from a lot of blood, sweat and tears which
could
represent everything one has in life in assets.

I'm not necessarily a violent person, but I will say this. If my
home is in
St. Bernard and I'm told it will be reduced to dirt and (included
all the
details that was mentioned previously by the homeowner),

I would be at every council meeting expecting to be heard each time,
write
every agency I could, get the word out to every blog, get the press
and
action reporters behind me at every stage regarding this "human
interest
story", backed up with an attorney, perhaps..

And discourage each and every voter in the parish to consider what
the
politicians have done to accommodate me considering my finances. If
there is
a "heartbeat" in the parish, to save a homeowner who is about to go
belly-up
with the last vestiges and remains of that home, I'd want them to
drag me
off to prison so that I can write the truth about my story for all
absorb.

This would be a death-knoll to any politician: Steal the property
away from
my fingers would not happen if it were me. I'd rather spend 3 yrs.
behind
bars condemning this injustice than not. If my last $50,000 brought
me down
to "$0.00, there is nothing more that the Gestapo can take as I'd be
broke.

If I wasn't broke, the home I lived in would be repaired a long time
ago
(not because you didn't like my home, but because I had the
financial means
on getting on with my life.

If I were Parish President, I would make absolutely
CERTAIN..CERTAIN: That
no one loses his or her only chance for a simple plea of recovery
solely on
the technicality of being naïve in financial matters, ability or
whatever. I
would personally, listen to this JFR: PERSONALLY. Make my rounds to
the few
who have decided St. Bernard was their home and do what I could to
help
matters to that citizen's plight/prayer for recovery.

That would be the significant difference between me and anyone in
power who
can't be there AFTER the disaster who claims to have been before or
during.
The issue is: One has to finish the job, not take a homeowner
halfway, ---
only to have him/her lose that precious commodity of dignity left in
fear
that their home is lost to grubbers.

Reasonable, you say?? Yes, I'm not only reasonable but my life's
judgment
before the Almighty depends upon whether I took the steps as a
leader in the
community to assist my brothers and sisters in chaos and
hell-0n-earth.

There is no difference in God's creation whether you're a citizen or
taxpayer anyplace. The only thing that really matters is that we
spoke up
for humanity when it's most needed. That time is now.

--jer--