[StBernard] TAFFARO recall attempt - my opinion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 19 08:22:57 EST 2009

"Ignorant- JFR"

At what point does calling a writer ignorant meet your expertise, JFR?
Again, what I'm saying is that to those who were able to recovery properly
and wholly, he/she is blessed. To those who were not as fortunately, they
should not be condemned to the point that their damaged home was on the sole
cause that money didn't roll around as quickly.

Good tidings to those who received the blessing of recovery so quickly.
Beyond what's written towards me as a bash, I firmly adhere to a point of
mercy that one doesn't spit, nor kick a homeowner when he or she is down or
down on luck. A curse to those who still don't get it. I believe that any
parish will be remembered by its actions in three-fold:

How it reacted initially before the storm, what it did during "K" (and I
mean from the individual up to the top of the heap) to assist not just
itself or the hopeful but the hopeless. This unfortunately, as was evident
by the hoards of so many needing mental health care just to realize the
depth of damage rendered. Firstly, came the first shock and awe, followed by
the frustration, the bitter anger, and finally, the realization that
disasters go beyond basic strengths and weaknesses. The observers of truth
realize it's going to take much more than we can afford financially,
emotionally, and physically--any serious attempt to get to some point in
recovery---that for some may last the duration of a life.

Some don't get this.

I do.

That's more factual input established in one day than can be written in any
book written to date.

Deal with it, please. We can only agree to disagree. However, there are No
winners to anyone who buys into a belief that one's life or lifetime has no
value attached to it.

--jer--