[StBernard] response - JER Taffaro demo

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 19 14:10:27 EST 2009

If you are not capable of recovery as are those who are struggling to get to
square one, I indeed apologize.

This discussion mostly deals with those who condemns those who cannot.
Sorry, but I was responding to an article which I either misread properly or
appeared cold-hearted. Once again, if the article represents one who has
capability but chooses to condemn those who cannot, I apologize. In
demolition, we're referring to all efforts to restore to an habitable home.
However, if a struggle is ongoing and little is done to assist one, but to
condemn by default, it's quite cold.

--jer---

To JER

Regarding your comments about our thoughts and opinion you stated in
response to my Letter to Editor of TP I would like you to know that we are
far from being well off.

We are talking specifically about two neighboring properties that have not
been touched since the storm, have collected insurance, bought new homes and
now are asking outrageous and unrealistic prices with no concern with the
empty, blighted property which is not only an eyesore but unsafe and a haven
for rodents, trash, etc. Do you have houses like this next to your home?

We are not cold hearted - obviously our former neighbors have no feelings
for us.

DEBORAH L & STEPHEN A ROSENBERGER