[StBernard] DEMO's

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 19 14:13:08 EST 2009

"I don't know how you can rectify a situation where a person is repairing a
house, having sunk money into it and then see it bulldozed "in error".

I don't know that a person this happened to would be able to handle it and I
daresay it would not surprise me if some type of violence occurred. That
person might go off the deep end. --JY"

Jer Responds:

Absolutamente, JY, you're quite correct.

Bulldozed in error. There's no such thing, however <G>. A house that was
bulldozed was INTENTIONALLY instructed to demolish. Someone sent a wrecking
ball to that area. (Unless the numbers are not showing <g>.

I tell you. I am far from a violent man. Mostly cool(er), calm(er) and a
collector <G>.

But, I cannot say what I'd do if I poured $50,000 into repairs and someone
was SENT to "rubble it". I just know that I would not be responsible for my
actions, either.

Btw, I also must comment that one does NOT have to have a home bulldozed to
go off the deep end. Many of our fellow St. Bernardians have been sent
overboard to mental illness simply because of day one of Katrina. But, when
a disaster such as this is added on, I can sympathize with those homeowners
who have seen 3 feet of mud, spent months to years cleaning out and with
expense and then return to find the home on the ground. We cannot and
shouldn't be complacent enough to have this happen to the hopeful who chose
(or had their decisions made for them by lack of funding due to the
disaster, etc.) St. Bernard as their hometown occupation.

--jer