[StBernard] Recall

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 19 16:43:11 EST 2009

"If our parish had state of the art information systems personnel with up to
date equipment available to them, including the funding for these items to
make them available, the parish permit records issued could have possibly
been mechanically scrubbed against the "to be demo" list. - Jill Dolese

Jer Responds:

Good point, Jill--However, ..

Now here's the hitch in but a few words (smile):

1. The Buck stops here.
2. We depend upon success of an organization or government to "delegate
duties". The question is fixed: Were duties delegated properly? Who is in
command here? Was there oversight? Is there punishment rendered? Who is to
blame? Why is there such a great outcry along with press intervention to
propagate/escalate the issue?
3. Are there any chance of retribution, intervention, and compensation?
4. Is it challengeable?
5. Is it debatable?
6. Does it require litigation?
7. If so, who are the parties in question?

Oh, the questions can go on, but why dodge the issue when this issue is one
of the large ones that need attention in recovery period?

Oh, no one's forgetting the "good times", but hell if they'll forget the
"bottom's up" times either? BTW, one of the things I recall pre-K is that
there would be serious issues combined with possible litigation by keeping
track of work orders, jobs grievances, and miscues by placing specifics
on-line. That's why there were a couple of "complaint artists" who were
literally "non-technical" or should we say "pencil-bound" to record, take
down grievances and seek solutions to getting the job done.

Now that the parish is moving to automate, computerize, stylize or digitize,
there are homes being demoed or assigned to the wrecker's ball as I
understand the situation. Because of these direct actions, many people are
asking "what happened?", "How could this be?"; "Who's responsible?" and
where da hell do I go from here because I'm just "Jack ____, living in the
land of giants.

Let it be said that I'm not all-into-recall as I am into reliability,
competence, accuracy, accountability and support/dedication to recovery for
the citizens of da parish. They deserve a positive, righteous outcome to a
very serious ordeal.

--jer--