[StBernard] A Homecoming "Drag" Queen?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 21 10:16:20 EST 2009

Below is a story right out of today's Washington Post newspaper. My
question is "what is the guy who was elected Homecoming King going to do?"
If I'm him I would make an equal statement and say I refuse to walk another
man down the court as Homecoming Queen...man, I'd love to see how the
liberal media would react to that.

Another question I have is, if this queer competing in the pageant in drag,
did anyone know he wasn't a woman? Of course, those of us who have lived
here all of our lives wouldn't have any problems spotting the difference -
we have lots of experience at it.

- John Scurich

George Mason U. elects man as homecoming queen

Published: 2/20/09, 3:26 PM EDT

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - George Mason University students have elected a drag
queen as homecoming queen. Student Ryan Allen beat out two women for the
title at the 30,000-student school in suburban Washington, D.C., famous for
its run to the Final Four a few years back. Allen competed under his drag
queen persona of Reann Ballslee.

Allen, who is gay and performs in drag at nightclubs, said he entered as a
joke. But he considers the victory one of his happiest moments and proof the
school celebrates its diverse student body.

The senior from Virginia's Goochland County won the pageant about a week ago
at a sold-out homecoming basketball game against Northeastern. George
Mason's basketball team pulled off a string of upsets to advance to the
Final Four in 2006.