[StBernard] TAFFARO recall attempt - my opinion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 24 11:01:13 EST 2009

I don't agree with demoing houses that people are rebuilding, but what do
you suggest for houses that they have literally abandoned ? Some have
started new lives in other areas & have just left their houses to sit & rot,
with no intention of coming back. Until last week, a house on the corner of
Genie & Karen still had gutted material on the carport. How long should you
wait for this house to even be started ? If it took 3 1/2 years to get rid
of the gutted moldy material, how long do you think it will take them to
finish it ? If they even intend to. People who are trying to come back &
are showing even a little effort by doing some stuff on their house, should
not be penalized by having it demoed. At least they are trying. I am
concerned about the ones who have not done a single thing.

Syl