[StBernard] St. Mark

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 24 20:28:06 EST 2009

Yeah. I miss St. Mark especially with my daughter marrying there in 2002.
Strange how there's always a movement for Historically-declared buildings or
its salvation of bricks from the building that we know could be blessed and
even sold back for a fund-raising toward other Catholic churches or the
Archdiocese. I know myself, I'd pay $10 for my purchased brick as such.

I remember years back selling named bricks for $1 (elsewhere) as an altar
boy.

Do old churches just die and fade away? Certainly not its good memories.

--jer--

Just heard thru the grapevine that St. Mark is scheduled for demo tomorrow,
Ash Wednesday. Apparently a number of people have already gone and have been
able to retrieve their bricks from the Court Yard.

If a few people could perhaps find the time to maybe rescue any other named
bricks to give those out of town a chance to look for their own.

I know I would love to have my brick.

Thanks,
Westley