[StBernard] New Orleans benefit concert tour

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 24 20:36:05 EST 2009

http://adjix.com/4wmn

New Orleans benefit concert tour

content courtesy Chesterfield County Public Schools

Feb 24, 2009

On March 25, 2009, members of the Clover Hill High School Marching Cavaliers
will travel New Orleans to donate their talent and to make a charitable
contribution to Chalmette High School located in St. Bernard's Parish,
Louisiana. Our Marching Cavaliers will combine with the Chalmette High
School Band to perform "Lest We Forget" by James Swearingen at 11 a.m. March
27 at the National World War II Museum. This beautiful musical composition
honors all of the Men and Women who have served in the Armed Forces and will
be accompanied by a slide show depicting soldiers from the U.S. Army 82nd
Airborne Rangers.

Three years ago, St. Bernard Parish was totally destroyed by the 30-foot
tidal surge of Hurricane Katrina. Nearly 37,000 St. Bernard residents have
returned to rebuild their homes, schools, churches and lives. We embark on
this concert tour to let these citizens know that their friends in
Chesterfield County support their efforts. Two years ago the Clover Hill
High School Band donated $500 to their relief efforts. Our band's motto is
"Unity With Pride" and it is with "Cavalier Pride" that we travel to New
Orleans to personally donate $1,500 to our friends in St. Bernard Parish.