[StBernard] Mardi Gras day shooting and crowd reaction

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 24 21:44:30 EST 2009

In the Times-Picayune story on the Mardi Gras day shooting on St. Charles
Avenue, the story states: "...Many people watching the parade on the
neutral ground kept waiting for beads and other trinkets being tossed from
the floats as if nothing had happened. "There was an ambulance that was
picking up a guy off the street and people didn't even stop vying for
throws," Beals (a NOPD police officer) said.

Is it no surprise we didn't care if we elected a dumb ass to the White House
when it's more important to keep shouting to float riders to throw more
beads than to help someone who got shot less than 10 feet away and still
lying in the street. What are people in this country coming to?

John